British singer/songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Trefor Jones has released his debut worship album based on the Psalms. The album features a duet with Philippa Hanna on opening track 'Psalm 63: Seen You In The Sanctuary', and also includes Trefor's first single from the album 'Psalm 52: Why Do You Boast of Evil'.
The single is available as a free download from the Resound Media Online Shop (using code Ps52FREE). "In this fresh approach to the Psalms Trefor draws from blues, country and folk genres and gives us a new way of engaging in this ancient collection of songs", says Resound Media of Trefor's album 'The Psalms'.
"Wanting to engage with God through music but not really getting a lot out of modern worship music I found myself singing the Psalms", explains Trefor. "My passion for the Psalms has grown and grown and eventually resulted in me recording this new album."
"All throughout the history of the church people have used the Psalms to worship God. They have a profundity and a punch to them that you can't really find anywhere else. They let you sing about despair, doubt and anger always leading you back to trust in God. They are worship songs for real life."
'The Psalms' Track Listing:
1. Psalm 63: Seen You In The Sanctuary
2. Psalm 13: How Long Will You Forget Me?
3. Psalm 23: The Lord's My Shepherd
4. Psalm 30: Sing To The Lord
5. Psalm 116: I Love The Lord
6. Psalm 42: Deep Calls To Deep
7. Psalm 22: He Has Done It
8. Psalm 137: By The Rivers Of Babylon
9. Psalm 46: Refuge And Strength
10. Psalm 52: Why Do You Boast Of Evil?
11. Psalm 61: A Strong Tower Against The Foe